Saturday, December 27, 2008
But if you waited until you had enough money, time and energy to have your baby, you would probably end up without any children. Here you'll find a few ways to ease the finances, so that you can enjoy your new bundle of joy.
1. Get health assistance - if you don't have health insurance, and can't afford it, doctor's bills can ad up really easy. But there are options out there for people just like you. This baby expense will probably be one of your biggest, so don't be afraid to ask for assistance if your family needs it.
2. Breastfeed your baby, if possible. It's free, it's convenient, and it might help against breast cancer. It's recommended as being the best form of nutrition for baby.
If you can't breastfeed, don't feel guilty. Try to apply for WIC (Women , Infants, and Children): http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic , a program designed to help middle and low income families with educational resources and food. You can also save money by buying formula in bulk, clipping coupons, and accepting free samples whenever they are offered. This is a baby expense you can't do without.
3. Diapers - Some diapers are better than others, but most are basically the same. Store brand disposable diapers can be just as good as the name brand, for several dollars less than their name brand counterparts. You can save even more, if you use cloth diapers instead of disposable. As with breastfeeding, it's a little more work involved, but well worth it.
4. Diaper Rash Prevention - instead of taking action after your baby got a diaper rash, prevent it with a drop of olive oil applied to their bottom every time you change their diaper: it works wonders (you should check with your doctor first).
5. Baby food - When it comes to baby food, a blender is your best friend: it will help you keep this baby expense at its lowest. Not only is it much cheaper, but it's so much healthier! Save the little baby food jars for quick trips, or special occasions, and give your baby pureed food made by you. You can cook a week's supply on the weekend, put the blended vegetables in the ice cube tray, for a few hours, and then place them in a freezer bag. Depending on your baby's appetite and age, you can microwave one, two or three cubes before meal time. It's quick, healthy and inexpensive.
6. Clothing - There is no need to buy expensive designer clothing for you little one. Do you think anyone will really notice that your baby is wearing Tommy Hilfiger? Babies look cute in anything: don't waste your money! You can get most of your baby clothing at yard sales or second-hand stores.
7. Toys - they are big business, but you don't have to feel pressured to get the latest and most expensive models. My kids were happy with everyday items as their toys: empty shampoo bottles (make sure they are cleaned and rinsed very well before handing them to your baby), plastic bowls, plastic containers from food products (margarine, sour cream , etc.) that they could stack up, etc. Also, buy some toys that will help with your baby's development, are durable, and are age appropriate: a baby expense worth the money.
8. Wills - Get a will or update your old will. Name a guardian for your child and the trustee of your child's inheritance (often but not always the same person). Without a will, the court will name these individuals and also split up your assets in accordance with state law which may not be the way you would wish. Please don't try to avoid this baby expense: your kid's future might depend on it. A simple will that includes a trust for minor children costs between $150 and $250.
Hopefully, this article gave you the information you needed for the arrival of your new baby.
Adriana Copaceanu is a work at home mom of 2, and the publisher of Baby's First Year Companion, an online resource for new parents. http://www.babys-first-year.com
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Now a Simple System to Lose Weight After Pregnancy!Author: Walter Derksen
It wasn't that long ago you found out you were pregnant and you had that overwhelming feeling of pure joy. You were excited to start a family and couldn't wait to tell everyone about it. Now as time has passed you realize you have gained weight and your look has changed. Something needs to be done and you need a system to lose weight after pregnancy and you need it now.
Did you know that 38% of women gain more than the recommended weight suggested for pregnancy by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Science. According to professors at Cornell University, who did a study found that if women gained more than the recommended weight during pregnancy and failed to lose it were six times more likely to be obese by the time their baby was 1 year old.
On the other hand babies born to mothers who gained weight within the recommended guidelines are found to be at a healthy birth weight, which is an indicator of overall good health.
So in order to follow a system to lose weight after pregnancy it would be a lot easier if you didn't gain an over abundance of weight during pregnancy. With fewer pounds to lose after childbirth would help you maintain a normal body mass index (BMI), translating into a lower risk of heart disease and diabetes later on.
So now we know we need to lose weight and the benefits that come with it. We need a program that will help us achieve our goals quickly and easily. A program fitting your schedule, that can be done at home would be ideal.
Usually when we think of losing weight we think of an exercise program. That is only a part of the total workout program we need to stay healthy, be energetic and strong enough to keep up with the daily grind of raising a newborn.
The program we are looking for includes exercise which we can do in 4 sessions per week using a minimum amount of equipment. Also included in this system to lose weight after pregnancy is a full complement of eating suggestions that will help give that feeling of success and accomplishment.
You can go for walks before breakfast with your baby when you have the most energy just a few days a week. Make it fun, find new trail, and give them names like Crunch Knuckle Trail. This activity helps you get and stay in shape, and bond with your baby who is learning new things every day.
You can take your baby to a mother tot swimming class. Your baby will love it, you get out of the house meet new friends and who knows some might want to join you in an excercise club you might start.
You can find a great exercise DVD and use it at home when the baby is napping or just playing. Find an instructor who has gone throught everything just like you and is willing to show you all that is necessary to follow a simple system to lose weight after pregnancy.
Plan on doing this sooner rather than later because both you and your baby will be the better for it both now and in the long run.
Following a simple system to lose weight after pregnancy and starting right away is key. You can get more information and all your questions answered now by going here http://www.lose-weight-after-baby.com/
Early Sign of Pregnancy - Tracking the SymptomsAuthor: Apurva Shree
The earliest and most recognizable sign of pregnancy is missed periods. Woe to the women who do not keep a track of their periods or have an irregular menstrual cycle, for it will take a while for them to register their pregnancy. Nausea or morning sickness is another early sign of pregnancy. Increase in hunger or total loss of appetite follows the missed period and nausea pregnancy symptoms. These signs may vary and swing either way with each passing day, as the body prepares itself to welcome a new life. Every woman, rather every pregnancy, differs in pregnancy symptoms.
There is no standard checklist for determining pregnancy. Different women have different symptoms. It is very important to listen to what your body tells you and recognize any untoward signs. This way you can even recognize early signs of pregnancy much before any testing takes place. Some women experience pregnancy symptoms within weeks of conception, some may have no symptoms other than missed or delayed periods. Some of the most common pregnancy symptoms are listed below.
Nausea or morning sickness: Most well known early sign of pregnancy are experienced between 2-8 weeks after conception. This queasy feeling is due to the changes in the hormone levels the body experiences as it prepares for embryo implantation.
Delayed or missed periods: It is the classic early sign of pregnancy. The uterine lining need not be shed anymore so as to embed the embryo for growth.
Fatigue or tiredness: This pregnancy symptom starts as early as first week after conception.
Swollen or tender breasts: Within a week or two of conception, some women may notice changes in their breasts; they may be tender to touch, sore or swollen due to hormonal imbalance.
Darkening of areolas: The skin around the nipples darkens as the pregnancy advances in weeks, to prepare for the baby.
Backaches: Lower backache is also an early sign of pregnancy, though a dull backache remains throughout the pregnancy due to the increasing weight of the fetus.
Headache: Some women experience headaches early in the pregnancy due to sudden rise of hormones.
Frequent urination: Around 5-8 weeks as the growing uterus presses against the urinary bladder, one needs to make frequent trips to bathroom to evacuate urine.
Food cravings: This is a very classic early sign of pregnancy and lasts throughout the entire pregnancy. Some women crave for sweets and ice creams, while other may want salty food or pickles. According to pregnancy journal, this is one way of the body to take in the missing nutrients or augment poor diet due to nausea.
Implantation bleeding: About 6-12 days after conception the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some blood spotting or cramping may take place at this moment of time. This is also an early sign of pregnancy to be watched out for.
Apurva Shree is the online editor of free pregnancy information resource www.earlysignofpregnancy.info She has developed this site to provide valuable information on early pregnancy symptoms and useful methods to enjoy your pregnancy period and the ways in which you welcome your new world of motherhood. Early Sign of Pregnancy.info is your free resource that not only provides information on early sign of pregnancy but the other aspects of pregnancy too.